Case Studies in the Archives
I recently reviewed a number of client cases from over the past years. I’m reminded that I have been privileged to work with some great clients; doing great work together. I’ve selected a sample of cases to share with you because of the successful results the work produced for the client.
New World Pasta: A Full Service Client
Maintain and develop websites for multiple New World Pasta brands.
Developing and installing a new intranet with a database-driven content management system that allows approved department heads to add, edit, and manage their own content using a Microsoft Word-like interface via a secure web-based interface.
Developing and implementing an HTML E-Mail Campaign designed to introduce consumers to a new pasta product in their area. Work included pulling from a large consumer database records by zip code.
Lancaster Convention Center Authority: Full Site Development
Developed The Lancaster County Convention Center Authority’s website.
Site Features Include:
- Flash Intro (Animated Images)* Scrolling latest news ticker* Database-driven back-end that serves up real-time information and administered through a custom designed content management system* Contact database and management system* Contact forms processing and email notifications* Secure site administrative section allowing the client to control the dynamic sections of their site</li>
Felicita Resort: E-Marketing Campaign and Search Engine Optimization
Developed and implemented an E-Marketing campaign for Felicita Golf and Spa Resort. The strategy involved Search Engine Optimization for Felicita’s website.
Developed a plan to optimize Felicita’s site to bring potential visitors to the site. This included:
Analyzing potential key words to determine which words in Felicita’s category are searched for most on search engines* Analyzing websites that come up with high rankings in key search engines to determine issues such as: * Key word density* Best site structure* Best content
Developing and implementing a site structure that is “search engine friendly” -including adding tags, descriptions, and keywords to the site code</li>
Results have included top-rankings on top search engines and a significant increase in targeted web traffic resulting in more contacts and reservations off the site.
Hershey’s and Donovan Advertising: Animation Examples
Updated Hershey’s Chocolate World’s website intro page animation with their new characters. Animation features include multiple animated gifs with individual timing, sliced and constructed in an HTML table. Also developed an animated gif as part of a teaser campaign for the opening of Chocolate World’s new 3-D show.
Designed and developed this banner ad to drive traffic from a vending association site to Hershey’s vending site.
Donovan wanted to add a little more zip and excitement to their newly developed website. This was done with a Flash Intro to the home page.
OnQ Technologies and Donovan Advertising: Meeting Internal Business Needs
Created a press images site for OnQ Technologies.
Site features include:
- The ability for press to browse thumbnails of press images and product shots* Pop up windows with larger images for each thumbnail* A zipped image archive from which the press can download high resolution versions of all images</li>
Note: HTML emails and letters were sent out to the press and editors inviting them to the site.
Designed and developed internal database-driven contact management and new business development application to be used by all staff via a secure Internet connection.
- Easy to use contact management forms to add and manage new business contacts.* Contact responsibility assignment.* Contact tasks and notes tracking.* Due date settings and tracking.* Full reporting system to manage contacts and work off of during new business meetings.</li>
OnQ Technologies and the YMCA: HTML Interactive Emails
Client needed a way to quickly contact a list of editors and invite them to visit their trade show booth for an upcoming event. The solution was to build an interactive HTML mailer to send to a list of editor contacts contained in the client’s database.
- Integration with client’s database to send a mass emailing with customized fields (such as names, titles, and email addresses.)* Compelling graphics to fit the client’s brand and the theme of the tradeshow.* Animation to add some excitement to the mailer and entice the editors to visit the trade booth to enter to win a new X-box.</li>
A regional YMCA needed to send out an information and reminder piece to an email list of their corporate contacts. Developed an interactive HTML mailer to send to the list of contacts contained in the client’s database.
- Integration with client’s database to send a mass emailing with customized fields (such as names, titles, and email addresses.)* Compelling graphics to fit the client’s brand and the mailer theme.</li>
South Central Surgical and the Tavern Steakhouse: Communicating Brand Image
Designed and developed South Central Surgical Associates’ website. The site was part of a re-branding campaign to brand the associates as a warm and friendly practice.
Site design strategy included:
- Using a Flash Intro showing warm and friendly people with their comments about South Central Surgical Associates* Using warm colors and images (including staff)* Providing Search Engine Friendly content with correct meta-tags and keywords* Providing an articles and resource section as a service to patients and to increase search engine indexing</li>
This site is an example of taking a single ad concept to the extreme. From a single print add concept, designed and developed a full website for the Tavern Steak House. By taking the print ad a step further into another media, this began to develop an integrated brand image for the restaurant.
Site Features Include:
- Online menu.* Printable coupon.* Contact form and tell a friend form.</li>
495 Enterprises: E-Commerce Portal
Designed and developed 495 Enterprise’s online furniture store.
Site Features Include:
- Full E-Commerce site with custom built shopping cart and secure server integration.
- Online product catalog with built in product search function.
- Database-driven back-end that serves up real-time information.
- Database-driven title tags and keywords for search engine optimization.
- Secure site administrative section allowing the client to control the dynamic sections of their site, including adding shop sections, and highlighting vendor and products.
- Vendor sign up and virtual shop setup, allowing vendors to have their own virtual shops where they control inventory, customize content, and manage orders.
- Contact forms processing and email notifications.
- Custom built HTML mail forms to allow client to send branded HTML mailers to prospective vendors and customers.
Share or Comment via Twitter